Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Name Is Cypress

Hi, I'm Cypress.
Me.  Note my tail in motion.

I'm a dog.  I have humans.  I took them on a short vacation.

I have done my best to train them, but humans do strange things.

Sit, human, sit!
Some humans are more trainable than others.

The humans got all excited when this swam by.
It makes no sense.  It's a bird, not a dog.



Ahhhh....
We went for a ride in the car.  One of the humans felt ill from the ride on twisty roads.  Bonus stop!  With a drink.  What could be better?

Soon after, I took them on a hike, but they got tired.  Fortunately, there was a reclining rock.
Time to get going...

At the top.

The view over Pisceco Lake from Echo Cliffs on Panther Mountain.
There were lots of dogs and no panthers.
It should be renamed.


The real reason for the hike was to take some glamour shots.  Here is a sampling.


Aren't you glad I brought you here?

Dog conquers world.

The inner me shows through in this shot.

I trained this human to point.

These humans?  Not so trainable.

One of the humans and I managed to convince the others that one hike was not enough.  I like that one.  Though my name is Cypress, he called me Sy Press.  What is a Jewish tailor?

It was a wonderful hike.  The marsh allowed me to get the mud bath I so badly needed.  It is wonderful to run through the goop with reckless abandon.  The humans were not good at it.  So slow and immobile. But it is the way they are made, and I try not to pity them.
The green, green goop feels like home.


More human silliness.

Sand Lake


We explored downstream of the dam built by underachieving beavers.


Alas!  Too soon we walked back out.

Goodnight lake.  Goodnight moon.  Goodnight humans.
We all slept well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment