Saturday, September 21, 2013

What to do

Contrary to misconceptions harbored by some of my friends, I am not always traveling.  I am often home for the weekend.  And when I am, I need to determine what to do.



But first, a cop of cuffee.


Then a little soccer on the tube while I check the email and catch up on current events.
Yes, old people like to read the newspaper.

Can't mow the lawn.

Maybe I should work on the car
that I've driven exactly once this year.
Those old hydraulic clutches are a bitch.

Maybe I should return the empties.
Note that this mix is uncharacteristic of what I usually bring back.

Perhaps I should finally finish the last camping escapade...

...or work on the piles of crap people want me to take care of.

I could clean my messy nightstand.


Maybe I should share some music,
returning the favor a friend surprised me with.


Another option would be to clean my workshop.
Or I could take care of the pile so richly deserving shredding.
Don't you hate those people for sending you checks you didn't request?


Or I could make some beer.

All this sounds like too much work.  
But the beer-making has suggested something.

Maybe I should test some fine beer a fine friend has provided,

take a nap,

and then write this blog.


What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Or you can take pics of all the stuff you have to do and write a blog about it. You made the right choice!

    Thanks,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. applause, applause! naps rule. -
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - you and Jim are running neck and neck with your workshop messes. wow!

    ReplyDelete